Sunday, January 1, 2012

A Journey in Time

     Here it is loyal reader. My New Year's project that I hope to continue for the remainder of this year and see where it takes me.
     The project? I plan on taking one picture every day for the sole purpose of posting on my blog.I want these photos to both inspire and give pause as to what I may have saw that day. What sparked my imagination or curiosity to take a photo of that.
     Here's the rub. I get one shot. One photo. Click and done. Like it or not. No do overs. If it turns out to be a picture of the inside of my camera bag, so be it. That will be the topic of discussion for that day. Mistakes that we can't take back. If I'm working sunup to sundown, it may just be a pic of my pillow. Who knows?
     I hope Project 2012 inspires me to seek out new things, new destinations, and force me to take the time to look at things a little closer. Much like today's subject.
     I went to the park today with my dog, as I often do, but this time I took my camera. I have to say, everything looked either brown or grey. The air was cold and the wind was strong. No pretty reflections off the lake were going to happen today. Everything was blowing so hard, I was afraid no matter what I did, the pic would be out of focus. This forced me and my dog to journey deeper into the woods where the wind was not as strong. Still very brown and grey, I felt it would be a lost cause and I would have to look elsewhere, when I came upon the spot I photographed. One bit of color among the bleakness. A speck of life trying to hang on. Something so small can demand great attention when surrounded by nothing extraordinary. So today's Doogie Howser thought of the day. 'Don't worry if you stick out amongst the fray. People will seek you out because of your uniqueness.'

January 1st 2012

1 comment:

  1. I am excited to check your blog and see the pictures throughout the year.

    ReplyDelete