Monday, January 2, 2012

Difficult Day Two

     When I began this project, all of one day ago, I did not realize how difficult it was going to be. It is not as if I have run out of suitable subject matter. It is that I forgot that I work all day, drive an hour home, make dinner and collapse on the couch. When do I find time to take a picture?
     I asked myself this question all day long. Do I take a picture of my desk? Do I walk outside and take a picture of an aircraft? I just don't know. Driving home I felt desparate. A bit broken and unsure of my commitment. On my long drive home I spotted a subject matter that looked, in a way, the same way that I felt. A little broken, worn and tired. Ready to fall, or fail at any moment. I turned around on the highway, pulled off on the shoulder and took this shot from the window of my car. I know, setup could have been better. The angle was a little too 'broad side of a barn,' but oh well. One shot, one chance, no take backs. Like it or don't, it's what's for dinner.



Not Doogie today, but Mary Pickford. “If you have made mistakes, there is always another chance for you. You may have a fresh start any moment you choose, for this thing we call 'failure' is not the falling down, but the staying down.

2 comments:

  1. I love this, Steve! I look forward to all the pictures and thoughts to come. Maybe it will encourage me along as I have not been keeping up as I hoped. I like the challenge you are taking! Inspiring....

    Take care,
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Remember it is a random photo don't search so hard and don't worry it isn't supposed to be perfect. I love your quotes within the blog too.

    Hey, at least you can hit the broadside of a barn. :-)

    ReplyDelete