Saturday, January 14, 2012

Day 14, Tick Tock Tick Tock

“"The time has come," the walrus said, "to talk of many things: Of shoes and ships - and sealing wax - of cabbages and kings”

-Lewis Carroll

“Time is free, but it's priceless. You can't
own it, but you can use it. You can't keep
it, but you can spend it. Once you've lost it
you can never get it back.”
-Harvey MacKay

“Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life. Don't be trapped by dogma - which is living with the results of other people's thinking. Don't let the noise of other's opinions drown out your own inner voice. And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.”
-Steve Jobs



My life like most people is governed by time. I work for an airline and it is all about time all the time. Remember Tom Hanks in the beginning of Castaway? "We live and we die by the clock, that's all we have." "Let's not commit the sin of turning our back on time."

I don't wear a watch, but while I'm at work I know exactly what time it is. Flights in, Flights out. Tick tock tick tock. Is this a good way to live? Living our lives by the clock? It indeed provides the structure a modern society needs, but is it all that important. Aside from work, I don't need to know the exact time for much. I have all my shows on DVR so I watch them on Steve time. We could eat when we are hungry, sleep when we are tired. I know, this would never work, but it is something to think about. Time to get back to things. I have spent way too much time on this already. Time's a wastin'. I got no more time for this. But on the other hand, time heals all wounds.


“Time goes by so fast, people go in and out of your life. You must never miss the opportunity to tell these people how much they mean to you.”



 

1 comment:

  1. Here, here, Thanks for spending some of that time today.

    ReplyDelete