Wednesday, February 8, 2012

MMMMMMeat 29th



Superbowl food practice. I bought a new electric smoker and I thought I better try it out before Super Bowl Sunday. (Trademark infringement, I know.) Ribs and sausage on top. Followed by pork shoulder, and more ribs. Finally a chicken on the bottom. (You don't want a chicken dripping on the pork of course.) I was a little skeptical, being a die hard wood and charcoal guy, but I have to say,  it turned out fantastic. They were all cooked to perfection. I put them in, closed the door, added wood through a hole once in a while, and opened the door many hours later. Smokey goodness. Smoked chicken salad on asiago ciabatta bread is to die for. One artery at a time. 

Ever try to find a quote about meat? Impossible. I can find a lot of quotes about how bad a carnivore diet is, but not how wonderfully tasty it is. Don't get me wrong. I love animals. Cuddling with some and eating others. So here is the best quote I found......

I kill flies, I eat meat, you know, whatever.
Ethan Hawke

I was at sea the other day and loads of meat floated past. It was a bit choppy.. . .

2 comments: