Wednesday, February 8, 2012

It's 'Science....Sort Of' 27th

Science.....Sort Of
My favorite podcast. One hour, once a week. A few guys, graduate students, Doctoral Candidates and Professor types all sit around and discuss cool stuff about science. Really, they talk about the cool stuff. They also drink beer and other elixers and discuss that in a segment called 'What are you Drinking'.
They discuss and rate movies based soley on the trailers in the segment 'Trailer Trash Talk'.
Like sitting and listenening to your buddies if they were cool and way smart.
Their logo is a Brachiolope. Notice my shirt and my dog in antlers. I sent this to the website Sciencesortof.com. Part of the Brachiolope media network. All rights reserved.




A scientific truth does not triumph by convincing its opponents and making them see the light, but rather because its opponents eventually die and a new generation grows up that is familiar with it.
Max Planck


For those of you that are new to my blog, here is how it goes. I take one picture a day, everyday. One shot, no takebacks. That is the picture I post. I tell about the picture and why I chose it or whatever. Sometimes I just talk about what is on my mind. Following the pic is a favorite quote that goes along with the pic. Somedays are harder than others. Try finding a quote about smoked meats. Please check it out. This project only becomes more interesting as I struggle for subject matter. It is going to be a jouney I promise.

No comments:

Post a Comment