Thursday, February 9, 2012

Love's First Kiss


If you can't tell by the picture, it is the outline of two pair of feet. They are apparently from the feet of young Abner and his gal Nik. This is the site of their first kiss. I thought it was pretty cool. I can remember my first kiss. More importantly I can remember me and my wife's first kiss. I think these events are probably so powerful, flooding our brains with endorphins and other chemicals that they become ingrained in our synapses.Maybe it is just me, because I am such a romantic, I don't know. Maybe since I married the girl that I kissed back in high school when hormones were at their peak, that I can remember it so well. I don't know. I would be curious to know if others remember their first kiss. Will Abner and Nik always remember this day when they shared this?  I would like to think so. Judging by the size of the shoes I bet their parents do not want to know anything about it. These shoes are way smaller than my kids. Yikes!
I just think it is fun to look back on those times when things were simpler and we marked milestones with a Sharpie. Would have been a great one for Valentines day, but I take what I can get.






A man snatches the first kiss, pleads for the second, demands the third, takes the fourth, accepts the fifth - and endures all the rest.
Helen Rowland


We are all mortal until the first kiss and the second glass of wine.
Eduardo Galeano

1 comment: